Toothpaste Tablets: A Toothpaste Good For You and the Environment
Brushing our teeth and saving the environment aren’t two concepts we usually put together in our minds. After all, how can something as trivial as everyday teeth brushing have an impact on our embattled environment? Doesn’t our planet have bigger fish to fry than toothpaste?
Unfortunately, when something you do twice a day, every day, involves plastic waste, it starts to add up. The amount of plastic waste from toothpaste tubes that goes into our environment is staggering.
Toothpaste tablets like Bite Toothpaste Bits are revolutionary because they actively work to protect the environment and reduce plastic waste.
From the plastic-free packaging to the natural ingredients, Bite’s mission is to make dental hygiene as sustainable as possible. Each of us has a daily dental hygiene routine (or should anyway!): We have the power to use environmentally friendly self-care products to better the world around us.
Bite Toothpaste is a brand that aims to keep mouths clean and the environment cleaner. We can feel good about our toothpaste because we’ve considered how customers use our product and how that will impact our environment.
Bite Toothpaste promotes a more sustainable lifestyle and gives consumers the power to reduce plastic waste in our oceans, no matter how small the action.
Bite is also committed to providing toothpaste we look forward to using every day. Our toothpaste is crafted to make teeth happier with natural ingredients and tasty flavors. Plus, our formula is free of sulfates like sodium lauryl sulfate (SLS), and it has a foaming texture we love. We might be tooting our own horn when we say they make our customer’s days a little brighter, too, but we’re okay with that.
Bite Toothpaste Bits come in three flavors:
- Fresh Mint: For a natural minty fresh flavor, these are the Bits. The Fresh Mint Toothpaste Bits are naturally whitening and naturally flavored with peppermint to achieve their fresh flavor. These Bits are a great option for anyone who likes the taste of regular toothpaste and doesn’t want to stray too far from that classic zing.
- Mint Charcoal: Our Mint Charcoal Toothpaste Bits have the minty flavor of our Fresh Mint Toothpaste Bits, with the addition of activated charcoal to help detoxify the mouth and gently lift stains from teeth.
- Berry Twist: The Berry Twist Toothpaste Bits are a hit with children and adults alike who want non-mint toothpaste. Due to the size of our Bits, they should not be given to children under the age of three or anyone with a higher risk of choking.
Say goodbye to surface stains and hello to the best sustainable toothpaste. Our naturally whitening Bits clean mouths better than fads like coconut oil pulling or tea tree oil. Just chew on a Bit and brush with a wet toothbrush.
Bite’s Sustainability Mission
The idea behind Bite came from founder Lindsay McCormick’s realization that she contributed to the one billion plastic toothpaste tubes that end up in landfills and oceans every year. Currently, 300 million tons of plastic are produced every year. Half of that is used to make single-use containers.
Lindsay researched different sustainable materials that she could substitute for the less sustainable (and often potentially harmful) ingredients in normal toothpaste. She decided to make her own when she found out that most other brands weren’t committed to reducing plastic waste and used harsh chemicals in their toothpaste.
Lindsay always had sustainability as her primary goal in creating a toothpaste she could be proud of.
Bite emerged as a positive alternative to an everyday task we all do. By using Bite products, we make the active decision to reduce plastic waste.
All materials and packaging for Bite products can be recycled, reused, or composted. We don’t want to add plastic waste to our environment – we want to reduce it. With Bite products, anyone can make a difference in protecting our environment for future generations. We try our best to make it as easy as possible.
Bite’s mission is to eliminate plastic waste from the personal care products we use every day. We deliver sustainable, healthy, and natural products to our customers in glass jars with aluminum lids. Refillable glass jars, unlike plastic containers, are recyclable, reusable, and properly break down into sand at the end of their life.
Instead of plastic poly-mailers, we ship with kraft envelopes padded with post-consumer recycled newspapers. Our boxes are made of fully recyclable corrugated cardboard and sealed with a kiss – or, as others call it, paper tape. We send your refill Bits in 100% home compostable pouches every four months with our subscription. Yep, still no plastic.
Keep a four-month supply (or less) of our TSA-friendly toothpaste tabs in one of our jars, and get one step closer to a zero-waste lifestyle.
We are officially carbon neutral, and one way we help customers reduce their carbon footprint is by shipping your products on already established postal routes so that there is no particular delivery to get your product faster than anyone else. From 2007-2012, it was estimated that shipping processes emitted nearly 3.1% of the global annual CO2 emissions.
It may take a little bit longer, but it’s worth it, knowing that you are actively contributing to lessening the carbon footprint that you have on the world.
The three different options for Bite Toothpaste Bits are naturally flavored to achieve their minty or berry taste and avoid harsh chemicals, like parabens or preservatives.
The ingredients in Bite’s Toothpaste Bits are natural. We don’t use harsh chemicals. Bits ingredients were designed to be better for you, unlike other toothpaste brands that use long lists of chemicals that don’t belong in our bodies. Here at Bite, we’ve already done that part for you.
The shared ingredients of the three flavors are:
- Erythritol: Erythritol is a sugar alcohol used by food producers to function as a sugar substitute. It helps to make food taste a bit sweeter.
- Xylitol: Xylitol is a naturally occurring alcohol that reduces cavity-causing bacteria.
- Calcium Carbonate: This is a mild abrasive that helps clean teeth.
- Hydroxyapatite (nano): This helps fight sensitivity and remineralizes enamel.
- Sodium Bicarbonate: Sodium bicarbonate helps to balance the PH levels within the mouth.
- Guar Gum: The Guar Gum helps keep the Bits together while they sit in our glass jars.
- Sodium Cocoyl Glutamate: This is what makes toothpaste foam up while we brush.
- Zinc Citrate: This helps to freshen breath and reduce bad breath odor.
- Silicon Dioxide: This is a more abrasive chemical used to remove stains on the surface of the teeth.
Toothpaste is something we put into our bodies twice a day, every day. That’s why we only use the best natural ingredients that are safe for adults and kids.
Toothpaste For You and The Planet
For an easy way to be more environmentally friendly and fight plaque and tooth decay, switch to Bite Toothpaste Bits. We often take advantage of simple acts like brushing our teeth and flossing without thinking about the plastic packaging and products’ damage to the environment.
Bite makes it easy to do better for both our health and the environment. We love the way a clean mouth feels, and we love that we’re helping Earth’s oceans at the same time.
Instead of throwing out Bite packaging after all the precious Toothpaste Bits are gone, order refills or recycle the containers. Each glass jar is 100% recyclable. It’s a win-win situation for you and the planet.
Curious? Order a smaller trial bottle of our toothpaste tablets to see just what the fuss is all about – no subscription required.
For those already obsessed with our toothpaste Bits, give our zero-waste mouthwash tablets a try for fresh breath on the go. We care deeply about our oceans and the future of our environment, and we know you do too.