What Is the Best Mouthwash for Bad Breath?
Bad breath can be embarrassing. Who feels their best when their breath is repelling everyone in sight? No one wants to be caught in a moment where they think they have bad breath. We’ve been there and we know just how anxiety-inducing it can be.
There are ways to alleviate the stress of dealing with bad breath. Mints aren’t one of them–they may be a quick fix, but they won’t get rid of bad breath in the long run. Mints don’t clean and kill bad breath bacteria in the mouth like oral hygiene products such as toothpaste and mouthwash. Stepping up oral hygiene is the number one way to combat a case of bad breath. Mouthwash is especially powerful for several reasons.
The ingredients in mouthwash are made to freshen and clean the mouth at the same time. Most mouthwashes come in liquid form inside of a bottle, so it’s harder to bring mouthwash with you when traveling because it could spill. Don’t worry, though – not all mouthwashes are liquid, it turns out.
How Do You Get Bad Breath?
There are many reasons for bad breath, and it can happen to anyone. Bad breath doesn’t always indicate bad hygiene or overall health, but there may be an underlying reason why your breath isn’t as neutral as it could be. Certain foods and health conditions can lead to someone being more susceptible to bad breath.
With proper hygiene and dental care, each of us can make sure we’re maintaining breath freshness no matter the circumstance.
Some causes of bad breath include the following:
- Food: Every time we eat, food particles break down and get caught in our teeth and gums. Once these particles start to collect, they can create a bad odor that escapes the mouth when talking. Leftover food particles in the mouth can’t be avoided and have to be removed. This is why flossing every day, especially before bed, is so crucial to combating bad breath.
- Smoking: Smoking definitely causes bad breath because tobacco smoke sticks to whatever is directly around it – including the inside of someone’s mouth. The best way to help fight against bad breath if you’re a smoker is to — you guessed it — quit smoking. Smoke also irritates the tongue, gums, and teeth, so it’s best to quit for overall oral health.
- Dry Mouth: Saliva is essential in moving particles around your mouth to help reduce bad breath. There is a reason it’s called “morning breath.” After eight hours of sleeping, the mouth dries out, hence why we might have bad breath every morning when we wake up.
- Bad Hygiene: Bad hygiene may seem like an obvious reason for bad breath, but it can’t be stated enough – if teeth don’t receive proper daily care, including brushing and flossing, bad breath will follow. Food particles will stay in the mouth when they aren’t removed properly and eventually decompose, creating a great environment for bad breath bacteria to thrive. In other words, leftover food in the mouth is like having a garbage can sitting between your teeth. Not cool.
For those of us who struggle with bad breath, it’s important to find a mouthwash that can refresh your mouth while protecting it from the bacteria that causes bad breath. So don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world – mouthwash is here to save the day.
What Are the Benefits of Mouthwash?
There are many types of mouthwash on the market, each varying in ingredients. Not all mouthwashes will act the same for each person’s dental care needs. But no matter what type of mouthwash is used, there are undeniable benefits from incorporating mouthwash into our oral hygiene routine.
- Fresh Breath: Most mouthwash is mint-flavored. This is because it’s the most appealing scent to be coming from your mouth. When we use mouthwash, we eliminate bad breath by killing the overpowering odor-causing bacteria, replacing bad breath odor with a strong mintiness that anyone can get behind. The days of mints are officially over.
- Reduces Plaque: Sometimes, brushing teeth is not enough to get rid of plaque build-up. Using mouthwash helps to get into hard-to-reach places, like tight crevices between teeth and the back of the mouth and gum line. When we swish the mouthwash around in our mouths, it’s able to make its way to these areas more easily than we can with floss or a toothbrush.
- Fights Cavities: Using mouthwash reduces the risk of cavities. Mouthwash makes the enamel stronger and more resistant to cavities.
Mouthwash is a must-have for anyone who wants to get rid of bad breath and have an overall healthier mouth. But what’s the best mouthwash for bad breath? Which store has the best selection? The answer is none of them – Bite is here to offer mouthwash solutions and deliver those solutions sustainably, unlike the competition.
Bite’s Mouthwash Bits
The main problem with most generic mouthwashes is that they come in liquid form and in a not-so-sustainable plastic bottle. It’s not something that can easily be carried around wherever we go.
Well, guess what: We’re not a fan of all that. That’s why Bite mouthwash fights against cavities, comes in a sustainable glass jar, and can be used easily no matter where you are. We’ve got you covered!
Bite Mouthwash Bits are the new way to use mouthwash. They’re small bite-sized mouthwash tablets that are easy to use and better for the environment. This product is geared towards producing very limited waste while freshening bad breath!
How To Use Bite’s Mouthwash Bits
Using Bite Mouthwash Tablets is simple, easy, and unique.
Here’s how it works:
- Bite down on the mouthwash tablet.
- Take a sip of water.
- Swish the combined tablet and water around in your mouth for 30 seconds, and then spit.
You can do this as often as you’d like – whether it’s a hot date, a job interview, or a trip to the beach, Bite Mouthwash Bits can be used absolutely anywhere (just don’t forget the water!).
Bite’s Sustainability Mission
Bite emerged from CEO Lindsay McCormick’s idea of creating plastic-free, fluoride-free, and sustainable dental hygiene products as an eco-friendly alternative. We can recycle, compost, or keep the jars and containers we send out to customers for a fully sustainable business model that we can all be proud of.
Our customers love us because we don’t keep sending them a new glass jar to add to their collection. Instead, we’ll send our product refill in a compostable bag. This is just one of the ways Bite products are standing out from conventional brands that make dental hygiene products that end up in landfills.
Bite is 100% dedicated to reducing the amount of plastic waste going into our environment. Our customers don’t receive any plastic when they shop with Bite, which means they can rest assured that they’re doing their part for future generations.
Bad breath can affect our confidence and lifestyle, and most importantly, our oral hygiene, but it shouldn’t have to.
With Bite Mouthwash Bits, we can freshen our breath and have a clean mouth everywhere we go. And we made it as simple as possible because we know nobody has time to fool around when it comes to bad breath.
Bite Mouthwash Bits will uniquely protect our teeth and gums, get rid of bad breath, and help us stay committed to a sustainable lifestyle.